Back to News
The 10 Most Popular Upgrades Are Included!
One of the most exciting things about buying a new condominium is the opportunity to select the finishes that will make your home truly your own. There are a multitude of upgraded finishes that you can buy from the developer and have them installed at the construction stage. Doing so will allow these upgrades to be included in your Tarion warranty. Our research has shown that the following are the most popular upgrades people purchase for their condominiums in general:
- Stainless steel appliances – they look better and increase the value of your suite. You don’t have to pay extra for these, they come standard at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon.
- Upgraded appliance function – items including an electric cooktop and separate wall oven are contemporary features that add style and convenience. These are standard features at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon.
- Premium countertops – well worth it, they enhance the décor and provide outstanding quality – stone kitchen countertops are a standard finish at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon.
- Kitchen backsplash – this adds a designer dimension to your kitchen. Often an upgrade, backsplashes are standard at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon.
- Hardwood in bedrooms – looks nicer than carpet and is much easier to maintain. Hardwood in all the bedrooms is standard at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon.
- Smooth Ceilings – not all builders offer this in a condominium, and in fact you could pay thousands of dollars to get them (if they’ll do it all), but they are standard at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon.
- Pot lights – these add dramatic lighting to your suite and create a contemporary ambiance. Recessed down lights throughout are standard at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon.
- Separate glass shower in the Ensuite – This is a luxury feature that is often an upgrade. But at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon, your suite will come with an oversized walk-in glass shower as a standard feature.
- Upgraded bathroom tiles – Upgrading your tiles can add beauty as well as years of excellent wear to your bathroom. At The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon, oversized porcelain wall tiles that are more resilient and have a much longer life than stone tiles are standard.
- Window Treatments – This is generally an upgrade and can be a costly addition to your suite. However, at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon, window treatments are included as is electrical rough-in for motorization.
All of the things that people normally purchase as upgrades are included as standard features in your suite at The Residences of the Hotel McGibbon giving you exceptional value and quality without having to pay more.